Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Page Tree is missing from the Left navigation, how would I restore it?

Tim Wheeler January 11, 2012

Hi, I am using the Documentation Theme, in the customisation Page Tree is enabled. My wiki used to show it.
Now I still see the left section and the page tree control seems to load for about one second. During that time I see "Loading...". then it dissapears and the whole area is blank except for the search box at the top.
I have confluence ondemand. I have tried changing themes and then changing back. still not working. Appreciate any help restoring this functionality. Thanks.

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Wheeler January 25, 2012

Thanks for your help here. In the end the problem was that I had created a new wiki home page. That page did not have any child documents. It seams that the left nav is built from the home page rather than the actual space content. The reason I created a new home page rather than edit the exiting one was to remove the previous version which I didn't want public.

Derek Hansell April 30, 2020

Thank goodness this thread is here. But can we talk about how dumb a design decision that is?

Like Milan Nakic likes this
Lily Tsui July 8, 2020

Agreed, thank God for this thread. I was really confused. I created a new Overview page and the whole Page Tree disappeared while on the Overview page. But if I somehow had an old URL to a page in the tree page I could see the hierarchy. Either way, I changed back to the original overview page now and the tree is back! Thanks for the help. 

0 votes
Rondel Ward January 19, 2012

This same thing happened to me. For us the solution was to Go into the Confluence Admin section->Look under plugins for the Documentation theme plugin-> Enable all modules for the documentation theme. For our implementation, the 'Velocity Helper' had become disabled when we installed some other plugin.

Check out some other possible solutions here :http://ffeathers.wordpress.com/2010/03/27/why-dont-my-pages-appear-in-the-documentation-themes-table-of-contents/

0 votes
Tim Wheeler January 11, 2012

Hi Jamie. Yes I know about that icon. It will hide and show the left navigation area. The area is visible and shows the Search Box at the top. Hiding and Showing the left nav area works but the page tree still won't display.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2012

Just a punt, but have you tried clicking the little icon thing at top right? Looks like two rectangles, one grey, one white.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events