The PDF viewer in Confluence doesn't allow one to find (Ctrl+F) content in it

Somujit Bhattacharya April 9, 2019

I'm using Confluence Server 6.5.1 and when I click on a PDF attachment, the viewer doesn't allow me to find (Ctrl+f) content within it. I'm using Google Chrome to open the page. 

Interestingly enough, if I hit Ctrl+f before launching the attachment, Chrome opens up the 'find in page' utility and then if I open the attachment, I'm able to find content through it. 

Can somebody explain why the viewer doesn't allow one to 'find' content in the page?

Regards,

Somujit

1 answer

0 votes
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 12, 2019

Hello there!

As I understand, you are unable to use the Find tool of your browser when a PDF preview is open, correct?

I am able to reproduce this issue locally and was also able to find a report pointing to this. You can check the report here:

Enable the use of CTRL/CMD+F shortcut to activate the Find tool in browsers

There are three workarounds to this! Here they are:

1. Open the Find tool with CTRL/CMD+F shortcut before previewing the attachment
  2. Use the Menu bar of your browser to open the find tool while previewing
  3. Download the attachment and find the content locally

Please, keep in mind that the Find tool is native to each browser and is not provided by the Confluence interface itself. So it may behave differently when using different browsers.

Looking forward to your reply Somujit!

Matt Gortner April 12, 2021

F3 may be a 4th workaround

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events