• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

The Excel macro is not honoring row and column limits

The Excel macro has settings to limit how many rows and columns are rendered in the finished display.  If a spreadsheet is rendered that has anything in a column or row it is rendered regardless of the limitations.  Example:

A sheet is uploaded that has visible data in 15 columns and 60 rows with formulas to display data in the remaining rows up to row 500.  The macro is configured to display 10 columns and 60 rows.

Once the page is saved all 15 columns and 500 rows are displayed; why?

2 answers

I had the exact same issue as described by Rick. This is how I got it to work.

1. Update Macro as needed.
  2. Go to the Attachment page of the Confluence page, Delete the Excel file.
  3. Click on the breadcrumb to the Confluence page. The macro should display an error. 
  4. Drag the Excel file onto the page to upload.  The macro should automatically refresh as expected.

Thanks, this worked for me. 

Thanks, it works.

I have tried it a different way, I didn't delete the excel file, just opened to edit with excel (companion app needed), and uploaded after a save (without any change). It works too.

Worked for me!

Update to the original question; the problem appears to only be an issue when attempting to change the settings for an already established Excel macro.  For instance:

1. Upload a spreadsheet

2. Insert a macro displaying 50 rows and 12 columns

3. Update macro to display 60 rows and 12 columns

Notice that the number of displayed rows doesn't change.  I tried this with Chrome, Firefox, and IE; no difference.  I also see that it doesn't matter if the macro is deleted, the page saved without the macro, and a new macro inserted with the new settings.  Once a macro is established on a given page it cannot be changed to display a different number of rows or columns (increasing or decreasing the number doesn't matter).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

What do you think is the most *delightful* Confluence feature? Comment for a prize!

- Create your own custom emoji 🔥 - "Shake for Feedback" on mobile 📱 - An endless supply of GIFs via GIPHY 🤩 Is there anything quite as nice as a pleasant surprise? Comment below with what...

335 views 23 8
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you