Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Contributors Summary macro isn't working

Deleted user December 25, 2017

Hi. The Content Summary macro worked in my previous version, but all that shows up now is "Error rendering macro 'contributors-summary' : null".

I checked, and I have all macros enabled from the System Add-ons page.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2017

Hi Ben,

Please let me know what version of Confluence you were running, and what version you upgraded to when the Contributors Summary macro failed. I tested the Contributors Summary macro on my Confluence 6.6 test instance and it worked, so the macro should be available in your instance if you upgraded to that version.

Please create a new page and add the Contributors Summary macro, to see if it is broken on new pages as well as pages from before the upgrade.

It is often a good idea to clear the plugins cache after an upgrade, (especially is the Java version is changed) and any time plugins are not behaving as expected. Please try it (when you have a chance to restart Confluence) and let me know if the macro appears as expected: How to clear Confluence plugins cache

Thanks,

Ann 

Deleted user December 27, 2017

Hi Ann,

We jumped from 4 to 6.6. I did try on a new page and it still didn't work. On the space home page, I was able to get some statistics (but incomplete) by including the space name but leaving the page name blank. But the same combination on another page yielded "Error rendering macro 'contributors-summary' : null".

What I want is still statistics for the entire space.

I'm in touch with my IT regarding clearing the plugins cache, and I'll let you know what the result of that is.

Thanks,

Ben

Deleted user January 22, 2018

Hi Ann,

Update: We did clear the plugins cache, but it doesn't seem to help. I also disabled and re-enabled the Contributors add-on, but to no avail.

No space returns correctly, and some spaces are worse than others. The return is very very limited. Most of the time, it returns "Error rendering macro 'contributors-summary' : null".

Thanks,

Ben

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Hi Ben,

I hope this is a test instance because the upgrade path from 4.x is:

Upgrade to 5.10.x then upgrade to the latest version of Confluence 6.

(According to Upgrading Confluence)

Please try reindexing at Confluence Admin>Content indexing and if that doesn't fix the issue, try How to Rebuild the Content Indexes From Scratch on Confluence Server If the Contributors macro is still broken after you reindex from scratch the upgrade should be restored from backup and then tested in a non-production instance. I hope that is not necessary. Please keep me posted.

Thanks,

Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events