Text module in Confluence

Andreas Purde February 17, 2014

Hi,

I wonder if there is a possibility via user macro or something else to generate a text block or text module in Confluence which directly shows up in edit mode. I need this because we are tracking some tasks in Confluence and many of them are assigned to the same group of people and I want to avoid retyping it for all users in the group.

In the ideal case I would like to enter the task description once and a macro generates a task list with the same task for the whole group.

Thank you,

Andreas

4 answers

0 votes
Dan Strohl February 18, 2014

Take a look at scaffolding and the run macros... I am not sure that either woudl totally fix your problem, though possibly both together might. but Scaffolding can provide fields to fill in, using a templating approach so that you say you need a new order income task and it comes up with a form... the run macro coudl potentially generate pages that differed depending on what kind of info was presented.

Also, Ad-Hoc workflows might be able to help if you are just looking for approval or checkign steps witha work flow that routed it through person A, B, .. X.

Dan

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

You'll have to write a plugin to accomplish this. User macros are not rendered when the page is being edited. Here's where I would start:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+Plugin+Guide

hth,

matt

0 votes
Andreas Purde February 17, 2014

No. I often have the same task which has to be applied to all members of a group:

Person A has to check the order income
Person B has to check the order income
Person X has to check the order income

I want to avoid typing this stuff in the editor n times. The ideal case would be in case a macro asks for the task "has to check the order income" and then generates a task list as shown above in edit mode. I'm not familier with macros right now but I did not see whether it is possible that a macro renders its results inside the edit mode.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2014

Are you asking if you can do this?

1) User navigates to a page.

2) User clicks the Edit button to edit the page.

3) Page opens up in Edit Mode. You want additional information to show up in Edit Mode that was not part of the original page?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events