Test run status on confluence pie chart is showing last execution

Maria Ciugurean February 22, 2021

Hi,

I'm using pie chart on confluence to show the testrun results of a given test plan (we do reuse the tests almost each version)

On confluence pie chart when I display my list of tests of a test plan and I display it by test run status, it displays the last known status.

I need to display the status on the execution in a particular version.

How can I do this?

Thank youo

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Maria Ciugurean March 1, 2021
2 votes
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

Hi @Maria Ciugurean ,

Couldn't fully get the question - what macro or app do you use to embed your test results onto your Confluence page? Is it a standard Jira Issues macros with some additional fields or something else?

Maybe you could attach any screenshots or smth.

As I understand, you need to group your data by versions and visualize the results. For table data (and dynamic tables such as the Jira Issues macro as well) we can suggest using the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app: it provides a bundle of macros (filter, pivot and chart) to work with your information like in Excel.

image.pngimage.png

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} thanks for you answer.

I'm attaching the screenshot that might help, I would like to display the test run status of my test plan, but it displays the last known execution of these particular tests, I need to display the testrun on a parcicular version. 

Is this possible to give this parameter? here I can only see to chose the test run status or project, or issue type...

Thank you

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2021

So you use the Jira Charts macro and it doesn't allow you to choose fix versions.

Don't you use the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence in your company? Please check if there is the Table Filter macro listed in the macro browser.

Then, I suppose, there can be a workaround by using the Jira Issues macro subsequently wrapped into the Table Filter, Pivot and Chart from Table macros. You'll be able to filter by fix versions and create charts in the page view mode for each fix version you need on the fly. Here are some examples about our app and the visualization of the Jira Issues macro.

What concerns standard out-of-the-box tools to solve your case, nothing comes into my head besides filtering by fix versions in the Jira Charts macro JQL. Maybe it is not very convenient, but still it may help.

Maria Ciugurean February 23, 2021

Hi @Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft} I appreciate your answer, but that's not exaclty what I'm looking for.

Fix version is not the issue, let's say I have 2 test campaigns. 

First test execution : affected version : 2.1. I already run the tests and I have the results.

Second test exeuction : affected version : 2.2 --> The test exection is not yet launched, when I display the pie chart with my testrun status, I get the results from execution N°1.

Is there any chance I can display test run status by version and not the latest one?

I know I can do it on the jira dashboard (gadget: overall test results) , but not on confluence, does this exist on confluence?

Thank you

Maria.

Maria Ciugurean February 23, 2021

here's the gadget on jira dashboard that's able to do itimage.pngimage.png

Rising Star
Rising Star
February 23, 2021

As far as I know, Confluence provides only two macros to get information from Jira: Jira Issues and Jira Charts macros. 

Maybe it really doesn't suit your case.

Maria Ciugurean February 25, 2021

Thank you

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events