Template containing subpages

frank vandebergh September 28, 2011

I would like to create a template page with 5-10 subpages. I then want to create a new set of those pages in an easy way. So if I have the following structure:
<Product>
<Documentation>
<Release Notes>

I want to create several "products" and just rename the product page. The other pages should be a copy of a template.

What is the best way to accomplish this ?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2011

One approach you might consider is a hierarchy of templates with a specified prefix. I just created this series of three templates: JournalMaster, JournalSubject and JournalEntry to create a journal organized by subject and then under each subject there are dated entries. You use this by starting with a page you create with the JournalMaster. That allows you to create the subjects and it automatically adds page prefixes. So on the subject pages you can an entries.

(1) JournalMaster

h2. {center}{color:blue}*Project Journal Master*{color}{center}

h2. Create New Journal Entry

{add-page:template=JournalSubject|parent=@self|prefix=%Journal Subject% }Click to add new journal subject{add-page}

Note, when you create the new subject, you will create a page and be prompted for the Subject title and the subject prefix. The latter should be a fairly short abbreviation which will make all the journal entry pages unique.

h2. Journal Subjects

{children:depth=1}

(2) JournalSubject:

*Subject Prefix:* {text-data:Prefix}@Prefix@{text-data}
----

h2. Subject Description

*Description:* {text-data:Descr}@Description|textarea(5,35)@{text-data}

h2. Create New Journal Entry

{add-page:template=JournalEntry|parent=@self|prefix=%data:Prefix% Journal Entry %global:current date &gt; date:yyyy-MM-dd% }Click to add new journal entry{add-page}

h2. Journal Entries

{children:depth=1}

(3) JournalEntry:

h2. {center}Journal Entry{center}

Write your entry here.

h2. Attachments
{attachments}

h2. Meetings Referenced

Add a meeting reference.

{show-if:label=-meetrefdone}
h2. List of recent meetings you may wish to reference
Copy and paste the name(s) from this list into referenced meetings above in the editor. {choose-label:labels=meetrefdone|descriptions=click here to remove this list}

{report-block:maxResults=10}

{local-reporter:value:label meeting &gt; label:content}
    {content-filter:scope="Home" &gt; descendents}
    {date-sort:content:creation date|order=descending}    
  {local-reporter}

{report-body}&gt; &amp;nbsp; {report-info:page:title}  {report-link:page:title|link=true}link{report-link}\\{report-body}

{report-block}
{show-if}

frank vandebergh September 29, 2011

thanks will give it a try

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events