Template Field Names

Dave Stewart October 20, 2013

I am new to this product and apologize if this has been answered before, I have searched for an answer but may not be using the right terminology.

I have created a global template but when I view it in preview or use it "live" I see the field names next to each field. For example, if the field is $projectname, I see (projectname) next to the project name field on the document being created from the template. I would like to hide these names. Can someone please advise me?

Also any suggestions on the best way to get up to speed on designing global templates beyond what's in the user manual?

Thanks,

Dave

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

The parenthetical version of the field name is only there during the page creation wizard. You will not see them when the page is created. They are there as helper text so you know what should be put into the input box. What is the use case for you wanting to get rid of them?

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

If you truly need to get rid of them you could put this in the global or space stylesheet.

Global stylesheet location: confluence admin -> look and feel -> stylesheet

Space stylesheet location: space admin -> stylesheet

.templateparameter {
display: none;
}

0 votes
Dave Stewart October 20, 2013

Thanks so much. It seems redundent to have them as I tend to put labels to the left of the field, that's why I was asking.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events