Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech Support Documentation Format

Richard Lucas October 22, 2012

Hello all,

I am currently working on a project that involves converting much of our tech support documentation into confluence. This involves copying scripts over, .jars, and thing of that nature.

It seems like it would be cumbersome to just add our scripts (.txt format) as attachments to confluence.

I would think this would be a regular use of confluence and would appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of a format to go off of.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 22, 2012

Documentation is definitely one of the core uses for Confluence. Check out Developing Technical Documentation on Confluence as a guide. Also, Sarah Maddox, one of our Technical Writers, has a book on the subject!

As for copying, there are a couple tools to start with. The Universal Wiki Converter will convert content from another Wiki, but I think you really want the rest API, the command line interface, or possibly the SOAP API. The CLI is particularly user-friendly (as far as command line utilities go!) but if you want your own integration points, look at the rest or soap api's.

1 vote
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2012

Hi, I'd recommend the Confluence Code Block Macro https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Code+Block+Macro for any scripts that you may have.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events