Team calendars: add calendar restrictions and displaying events by timezone

Hannah Sinemus May 8, 2020

UPDATE: the time zone issue appears to be resolved.

---

I'm fairly new to Confluence and started a trial of the Team Calendars plugin. 2 things I want to do and can't figure out:

1. I want general users to be able to generate events, but not generate new calendars. How can I restrict the ability to add new calendars?

2. My organization is distributed across multiple time zones. For shared events, I want the calendar to display the event in the users local time. For example, if the event is happening at 2 PM ET (America/NY), my colleagues in US/Central should see it as 1 PM ET. I changed the time zone on my test account to Central but the event times have not changed relative to the account preference.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2021

Hi @Hannah Sinemus

1. This is not possible

2. This article provides details on how to set events in different timezones: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confkb/understanding-time-zones-and-the-display-of-event-times-in-team-calendar-806457993.html

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events