Team Calendars - a JQL with more than one project doesn't display custom date fields

Becky Sorensen June 2, 2017

When I add a JIRA Issue Date event to my calendar with this JQL, I can use a custom date field to set the Issue Start Date as the start date in my date range:

project = Ops and labels = project 

When I use this JQL, my custom date fields disappear from the start date picker when selecting the date range:

project in (Ops, Web) and labels = project 

I need to be able to display the results of two projects on a timeline view and use my custom start date field. Does anyone know a work around for this?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 2, 2017

I was able to add the JIRA Issue Date event with this example JQL:

project = "Sample Scrum Project" AND project = "Task Project" AND labels = project 

Please let me know if this syntax works for you.

Becky Sorensen June 5, 2017

The problem is not adding the JIRA issue date event. The problem is that when I use two projects in my JQL, my custom date fields do not show in the drop down list when selecting a date range.

To reproduce, add a JIRA issue date event, enter JQL with multiple projects, and click 'Add start and end date' under Date Range. The drop-down selector does not include my custom date fields. It does include them when I have only one project referenced in my JQL.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 5, 2017

I found this bug that seems to describe the behavior you're describing:

Custom date fields not reliably picked up during calendar creation, JQL does not work if first parameter is Project

The bug says it's status is "in progress", but then lists a fix version, so I am not clear whether it was fixed.

I am testing with Team Calendars version 5.3.19 and the custom fields are appearing. Please let me know what version of Team Calendars you are using.

I am using the plug-in for Confluence Cloud so I assume it's the latest version. The add-on details show Version 1000.0.23

It seems odd that I'm having the same issue as the Server bug in the ticket, but that it's working for you? To be clear, it works fine for me if I reference a single project in the JQL, but not when I reference two or more.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2017

That's what this comment indicates, too:

This happens with simple JQL which return more than 1 project, even if all projects have the same field configuration. For example:
project in (PROJ1, PROJ2)

Please open a support ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com so the Cloud team can take a closer look. If this is happening across all Cloud instances we should know about it and open a bug. If it's just your instance, Support should be able to track down the issue and help you use the calendar as expected.

Ann - I believe I discovered the issue. The custom date field is set to only show for Epics and no other issue types. When I add a new custom date field that is available to all issue types, I can see the custom date field in the team calendars even with two projects selected.

We can work around this, but it is a pain for admin.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
June 5, 2017

Thanks very much for updating the Community for the sake of the next person who experiences this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events