Team Calendars - How can I configure the calendar to have Sunday as first day of the week?

I need to configure Team Calendars in confluence to have Sunday as first day of the week. I have Monday now

Thanks

5 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

HI,

this is documented in the Team Calendar FAQs... and in the release notes of version 1.2

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+FAQ#TeamCalendarsFAQ-CanIchangethestartingdayoftheweek

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+1.2+Release+Notes

Can I change the starting day of the week?
The Team Calendars follows per user language preferences to decide which day is at the start of the week. For example, if you want to make the start of the week to Sunday (US Calendar), you would need to install the US Language pack and edit your Confluence user preferences to choose US English. To do this, click User name > Settings > Edit > Language and then choose US English.
The Confluence default is to Automatically detect browser settings.

Cheers

Christian

For some reason, I dont have US English as a choice.... Only UK English, which starts our day on Monday, which is driving us nuts. 

By far, most of our Confluence accounts are US folks, so we definitely prefer that the DEFAULT start of the week for Team Calendars is Sunday, not Monday. But we don't want to force it by setting First day of week in Team Calendars administration.

The Language setting for user accounts defaults to Automatically detect browser setting. So...

1. Installed latest US English language pack plugin (6.0.0-m22-v2r8771-2016-01-15)
  2. In Confluence Configuration -> Languages, set Global Default Language -> English (United States)
  3. Assured my browsers (Firefox & Chrome under Windows 7) had language preference set to English (United States).
  4. Clear browser cookies & cache, then restarted browser.

One would think this would then make new Calendars default to Sunday (US Standard), but newly created calendars still begin with Monday, as do existing calendars.

Is this a bug? Sure looks like a bug. Forcing 1000's of folks manually change their Language setting is unacceptable.

Fyi, I did verify via changing my Settings -> Language to English (United States), both existing & new calendars start on Sunday. So the individual settings workaround does work, just not scalable for 1000's.

Confluence version: 5.9.3

Team Calendars version: 5.3.10

This is now available in Team Calendar version 2.6:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/TEAMCAL/Team+Calendars+2.6+Release+Notes

This was very helpful! I was going to install a language pack and this is much easier, thanks.

I don't have any US English option nor do I have an upload option in Admin/Plugins to upload the language pack.

That's an improvement but here we believe people deserve weekends.  If they want to spend weekends working, that's fine, but we don't let anyone schedule weekend meetings. 

I want to configure a"work week" not just the start of a seven day week.

same here - need to be able to BY PROJECT or USER configure the calendars not GLOBALLY as each team is different around the globe for us. Also would like to be able to remove week number as this take up real estate. So - options to -

1. remove week number,
  2. display or not weekends,
  3. select start day of work week.

This is for both the calendar macro and the calendar page.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

599 views 8 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you