Team Calendar restrictions

Actually, Team Calendar restrictions are not restrictions.

If there are no restrictions defined, everyone can add/delete events and delete entire calendar.

But if the group or user defined in Team Calendar restrictions, behavior changes upside down: only restricted group or user can add/delete events and delete entire calendar.

I suggest to rename restrictions to something else.

2 answers

Restrict in other word means limit. Similar to Page Restrictions in Confluence, you can define view and edit restrictions for Team Calendars by Confluence group and individual user. If a group or user does not have permission to view a calendar, they will not be able edit the calendar either. Since we are applying the same functionality as Page Restriction in Confluence in Team Calendars, it seems appropriate to name it as Restriction to limit viewing and editing permissions only to the chosen individual and/or groups. Or viewing and editing permissions are only limited to the chosen individual and/or groups.

I saw a strange thing about restriction in Team Calendar. I don't know if it's a known issue.

After setting and removing restriction (a user of confluence_user), user is able to edit events in shared calendar. always :-s

I don't understand how it's possible. Someone can explain? could be a problem of a specific version of Team Calendar or Confluence?

Is there any solution for this issue? 

Thanks,

Restrict in other word means limit. Similar to Page Restrictions in Confluence, you can define view and edit restrictions for Team Calendars by Confluence group and individual user. If a group or user does not have permission to view a calendar, they will not be able edit the calendar either. Since we are applying the same functionality as Page Restriction in Confluence in Team Calendars, it seems appropriate to name it as Restriction to limit viewing and editing permissions only to the chosen individual and/or groups.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

364 views 20 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you