Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Team Calendar add event assigning to random user

Tom Porter December 4, 2017

We are using the Team Calendars Plugin v 5.3.10 on Confluence 5.10.8.

When I add a new event on my personal calendar, if I leave the "Who" field blank and create the event, when I see the event on my calendar, it is assigned to a random user (not me, and not always the same other user).  If I do the same thing and put my own user in the "who" field, after it is created it is now assigned to me and another random user.

I can't find any other question here that addresses this issue -- is this a known issue? 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Tom,

Could you show me an example of what this looks like? Are you testing with only Team Calendar or are you viewing the calendar through another application as well?

I just tested this on both 5.3.10 and 5.3.20 but was not able to replicate the problem. I'm using the regular Events event type.

You should also be aware that Team Calendar 5.3.10 is not compatible with Confluence 5.10.8. I would also recommend upgrading to at least 5.3.11, preferably the most recent version, 5.3.20.

Regards,

Shannon

Tom Porter December 5, 2017

I don't control upgrading the plugins, but I will request that it be upgraded and see how far I get :).  

Here's what I'm seeing:

Click the "Add Event" button...

step1.png

Fill out the form using the default event type and leaving the "Who" field empty.  Then click ok.

step2.png

The event is created but assigned to a user:

step2b.png

...here's a view of the details:

step3.png

If I do the same thing and put a user (like myself) in the "who" field, it will tack on a second random user so that the event has my name and the random user's as well.

Note: I just found out that we should be able to upgrade to version 5.3.11 of the Calendar plugin (we can't do better than that due to license/budget issues).  That should happen tonight, so we will see if that fixes the issue tomorrow.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

Even though Shannon mentioned the add-on was incompatible, I installed Confluence 5.10.8 with Team Calendars 5.3.10 for testing. I was not able to reproduce the issue. I was confronted with this giant warning:

Screen Shot 2017-12-06 at 10.09.15 AM.png

Since Team Calendars 5.3.10 was developed for a previous version, it's not surprising that there is some unexpected behavior, however, I wonder if some browser extension could be causing the names to auto populate. Do you have a cleanly installed browser or the opportunity to run a browser with extensions disabled to test this possibility?

I am disappointed to hear that your license won't allow you to upgrade past Team Calendars 5.3.11 as quite a few bugs have been fixed since 5.3.11: Version history

Tom Porter December 6, 2017

I guess it will have to remain a mystery :)  We upgraded to 5.3.11 and the problem went away.  So we're good for now.  Thanks for your help!!!

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2017

That is such a relief to hear! Thanks for the update. :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events