Team 21: Observation from this morning

Jack April 28, 2021

So far in watching the broadcasts I hear all about "new", "expanding" features to the Atlassian cloud. What I have not heard so far is anything about the existing applications, like Confluence and what Atlassian is doing to bring end-user documented existing issues that go back months to their successful resolvement.

Confluence Cloud is no where near the maturity of server. I will use one example. Creating Tables, for example, needs major work to bring that feature to industry standards. Why should my staff have to use work-rounds that take billable hours, and even then not guaranteed to work, to accomplish a non-page wide table. This bug fix was requested months ago and is in a "Consideration" stage? Why?

What I want to see is a cloud release that is fully functional and meets the needs of my clients. Again, Server does that? Cloud does not.

While all of the neat things talked about this morning are great and will make management easier and provide better security and integration with other apps? At some point an emphasis must be made to complete and make confluence cloud ready for prime-time. Otherwise? End-Users will drift away to other cloud applications.

Please? Fix existing issues and soon.

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2021

Hi @Jack

from a Team 21 talk I still have in the ear that (many of the yet to come) improvements for the editor are very-well understood - the top management is aware of the situation, also.
It is a topic that is in absolutetely in focus, especially as the editor will be introduced in further products.
This is what was my key take-away when there were the very same questions and concerns to the editor like you shared.

Like Brant mentioned watching the Bugs/Suggestions on jira.atlassian.com as well as the roadmap is indeed a good choice.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 28, 2021

@Jack 

I am going to have to agree with you on Confluence Clouds editor is behind server and is at times challenging to use.  I know what Atlassian is focusing on moving forward all Cloud products and Confluence is receiving enhancements.  I believe today that they specifically touched on some of the enhancements it will receive.  You can also review the changes that they are making here: https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/cloud?status=& 

Regardless of the changes that are coming out there is a backlog of enhancement requests that focus on the issues you are having, I am having and others are having.  I would suggest taking some time to vote for enhancements you would like to seen done in Confluence to help prioritize what Atlassian works on.  I filtered on editor here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-69262?jql=project%20%3D%20CONFCLOUD%20AND%20type%20%3D%20Suggestion%20AND%20statusCategory%20!%3D%20Done%20and%20summary%20~%20%22editor%22

Hopefully in the near future they will be releasing editor enhancements that overcome the specific issue you listed above because you are not the only one suffering from them. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events