Task report with chart gantt

Otavio.Nagashi March 12, 2024

I'm using task report as a way to list all tasks that exist in my confluence page and I'm using chart gantt to show project tasks and timeline but I'm not able to use both at the same time.

All tasks associated with chart gantt does not show in the task report because I was not able to find a way to use task list without having to duplicate the same content.

Is there a way to create the tasks for chart gantt and it appears on the task report?

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 13, 2024

Hi @Otavio.Nagashi ,

In your previous question you've mentioned the Table Excerpt Include macro, so I assume that you use our Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app.

If this is so, you may also use our Gantt chart to track your tasks and reuse the graph across your Confluence instance.

Otavio.Nagashi March 13, 2024

Hi @Stiltsoft support 
Yes, I'm using Table Excerpt Include macro to consolidate in a single page, data from multiples project pages. This single page I use as project portfolio so all update from project pages will be reflected to project portfolio page automatically.

Gantt chart I want to use to track each task on each project and I've a page to list all tasks that exist in my confluence page using task report macro.

What I'm looking is: Is there a way to use Task List Macro with Gantt Chart?
According to @Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc , it is not possible.

The alternative I was trying is to concatenate the columns from Gantt Chart table in a single column to use Task List Macro but I was not able to create the query for that.

Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2024

Sorry @Otavio.Nagashi , I made an assumption that you're asking about Confluence native roadmap macro 🙏 the Stiltsoft team is the best to provide accurate answer in this case

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2024

Hi @Otavio.Nagashi ,

The Gantt chart (not only ours but in general) uses a table with two obligatory dates: start date of smth and end date of smth. So, you use tables to create charts based on these tables.

What concerns native Confluence tasks, they are not in a tabular form and have only due dates (we can call them "end dates" for comparison). There are no start dates at all. The meaning of the tasks is to check them out and view lists of completed and incompleted tasks through the Task Report.

If you just concatenate the cells of your tables row by row, you will get a one-column table with long strings of text. These strings won't be recognized as tasks and they won't be collected by the Task Report macro.

1 vote
Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2024

Hi @Otavio.Nagashi and welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The Task list macro can't be automatically imported to another chart, if you're refering to the Roadmap Planner macro. You can only view all tasks via the Task Report blueprint.

Can you clarify if the chart you're referring to is the Roadmap macro planner or are you using an add-on?

If you're looking for a solution to track projects and tasks on Confluence, allow me to recommend the app that my team developed: Gantt Chart Planner for Confluence  - it offers a more visual timeline and Gantt chart along with extensive project management features like dependencies mapping, auto-scheduling and resource management. I hope it meets your needs!

Cheers,

Linh

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events