Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Task list in Meeting notes not editable

Josh Mahoney December 24, 2019

When I create a new meeting note page from the Meeting notes blueprint it comes with a task list under "Action items". However, I can't add a new task when not in edit mode. The workaround I found is to first add a task when in edit mode for the page, and then I see the "click to add a new task..." option to add others. Am I missing something to get the task list to be fully "enabled" without having to add an item in edit mode?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 26, 2019

Hello Josh,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

On Confluence, we can add tasks only in edit mode the same as any other information or macros on a page, it's necessary to edit it.

For more details, please check the documentation below:

If you have any other questions regarding this matter, please let us know.

Regards,
Angélica

Josh Mahoney December 30, 2019

But, why does it then work outside of the editor, after there is 1 task created?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 31, 2019

We've checked that on the site you are using there is an add-on called Handy Macros for Confluence which allows adding tasks without editing the page, so maybe that's the tasks you mentioned.

By default, the tasks from the Confluence editor don't allow adding more tasks without editing the page, so you need to add the macro from the add-on in order to do that.

Josh Mahoney December 31, 2019

Aha! That makes sense. Thank you!

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Matthew Davison May 13, 2022

seriously...how has Atlassian not added this yet? there's SOOO many things exactly like this that people are begging for...years later. crickets.

Like # people like this
gary.woolcombe April 27, 2023

Would really need to have this field available so that dates, tasks and names can be added

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events