Task Report macro shows duplicate tasks that cannot be completed

Xavier Krantz December 3, 2020

Reopening the question posted here:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Task-Report-macro-shows-duplicate-tasks-that-cannot-be-completed/qaq-p/1534866

I have a page with a Task Report macro showing all open tasks for a project.

Recently, some tasks listed are duplicates and have an incorrect page under the "Task appears on" column. I've tried deleting and creating a new macro on the page, but it still shows the duplicate tasks. I also get an error that the "task change couldn't be saved" when I try to mark it as completed from the macro. Since the page listed under "Task appears on" is incorrect, then there's no way to find the task otherwise. Is there a fix for this?

The suggested solutions in the answer marked as "solution" do not work, especially on a Atlasian Cloud instance with no access to the DB...

Please help us !

1 answer

1 vote
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2020

Hello @Xavier Krantz !

This behavior has been reported and was resolved by Atlassian recently. You may still encounter pages that are affected by this may need to follow the workaround presented under the comments there or raise a ticket.

Here is the report:

Let us hear from you!

Xavier Krantz December 9, 2020

Hi @Diego ,

Thanks for the heads up.

Unfortunately, we still have the issue. We are running Jira/Confluence on Atlasian cloud.

Like Tamimi likes this
Tamimi April 27, 2021

I can confirm that the issue is still present on our end unfortunately... We are running Jira/Confluence on Atlasian cloud as well, and the issue is that I can see a duplicate task when querying all the tasks under a space, both tasks have different ids (content, global and id) but I am unable to delete a task by itself 

Tamimi April 27, 2021

@Xavier Krantz can you attempt to do the following steps and see if it resolves your issue

1. Create a new, blank page.
  2. Copy the content of the affected page that is causing the duplicated tasks, and paste into the new page.
  3. Delete the affected page.
  4. Rename the new page, so it uses the name of the deleted one.
Xavier Krantz April 27, 2021

Hi @Tamimi 

I have just try your suggestion and I have the same issue

Tamimi April 27, 2021

I meant the deleting the page where the actual tasks resides in and not the page where the macro is configured in (just incase there was confusion in what I suggested..) 

The way that I cam across this is by using the Confluence cloud REST API to query all the tasks in a space

`https:/<your_confluence_host>/wiki/rest/api/inlinetasks/search?spaceKey=<space_key>&limit=500&assignee=<user_id_for_which_there_is_dup_tasks>`

and I realized that the same tasks content has two occurrences with different IDs. I followed the steps of create new blank page, copy content, delete affected page, rename new page and that fixed my issue

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events