Tall monkey theme bug? Please help!

Craig_Klopper July 1, 2015

Hi, newbie here! I have changed the theme on a space to "Tall Monkey" and for some reason the background flickers for a second then "breaks" in half. The top off (placefocus area) is a different colour to the bottom half f the page (see screenshot). I am using the global colour scheme. I have the same Tall Monkey theme on another space and the background is all a solid colour over the whole page - which is what I want! Any ideas?? Thanks!

Tall Monkey Theme Bug.jpg

4 answers

0 votes
Craig_Klopper July 3, 2015

Nope. No extra CSS! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 8, 2015

Sorry I missed this one. I'm afraid I am stuck. There is a difference between your two spaces, but I simply can't work out what it might be. If their only difference is literally the space key, then I really have no idea. I'd raise this with the theme author and atlassian and see if they have any pointers.

0 votes
Craig_Klopper July 2, 2015

I created a new page in a working space - works as it should!

I moved that page to the broken space - takes on attributes of broken space!

I created a new page in the broken space - broken, as expected.

I moved that page to the working space - takes on attributes of working space!

Gaaaaah! lol

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 3, 2015

It has to be something in the space configuration. Have you got any extra css or anything in the spaces?

Craig_Klopper July 5, 2015

Nope. No extra CSS!

0 votes

Thank you Nic! Appreciate your help. Did some testing, here is what I found:

1. Yes  can confirm that bug occurs n other pages within the same space
  2. I created a new totally blank page within the space (zero macros etc) and have the same issue
  3. I have compared the working space and faulty space settings and configurations and copied them so they are identical except for the general page layout (i.e. columns etc)
  4. I also just as a test created a brand new space with nothing on it whatsoever and went straight to look and feel and changed to the tall monkey theme and had the same problem! Very strange that I have an existing space/pages that work and look perfect but now anything new that I create with Tall Monkey theme does not work!

The plot thickens! Is it possible that the theme itself is somehow corrupt? Is there a way to "re-install" a theme? Really lost at this point! Cheers 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 2, 2015

Mmm, I'm pretty stuck then - there has to be a difference between the spaces, unless you've got a bug in the theme which you're actually fixing in the spaces that work by putting something on every page that fixes it. A theme is the same across all spaces that use it, unless it has configuration settings you can vary by space. I'm sort of hoping that you've checked that as part of the "compare space" bit I suggested. (Actually, I hope you did not, and it's down to that, but that really is a forlorn hope on my par) There's another couple of experiments I'd do: - Create a new page in a working space. Something simple with a page name and a bit of text (use the lorem ipsum macro frankly) - Move it to a broken space - Create a new page in a broken space. Simple again - Move it to a working space You can guess the question - do the pages take on the working/not working attribute of the space they end up in? Or do they retain it?

Answer below! Cheers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 1, 2015

Hmm.  I've seen this happen with another theme, turned out to be use of a plugin which broke the theme.

It's quite hard to debug this sort of problem, but "it works in another space" is a really good start, as it strongly suggests that the theme is fine and it's something else breaking it all.  

Could you confirm that the bug occurs on other pages within the same space?  Specifically a blank page with nothing on it other that the title and plain text (i.e. no macros whatsoever)?

Also, is it possible to fire up two windows or tabs and work through the space configurations - where does the broken space settings differ from the working one?  (I'm suspecting css customisation, but it could well be something else in the space)

Thanks Nic! I have replied below with my findings based on your suggestions....

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events