It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Tablespace configuration per table

Sean Garagan Oct 23, 2011

Good day,

Is it possible to alter tables in Confluence to use a LOB-specific tablespace as well as tuning the table itself for accessing the LOB? The default in Oracle stuffs it all in the same TS but LOBs performance can be significantly enhanced using a dedicated TS with caching and partitioning set on the table itself.

Sean

1 answer

1 vote
Peter Shiner Oct 25, 2011

I've had my DBA do all sorts of stuff with tables underneath the Atlassian products. I would say anything that appears to Confluence the same at the cursor level would be fine. I would go ahead and give it a shot. Found all sorts of Oracle syntax searching "oracle move table to another tablespace". One source did indicate that trying to do this "online" would require it to be specified that way and that started being available in 9i.

alter table tablename move tablespace newtablespacename;

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Confluence

Confluence CVEs and common questions

Two vulnerabilities have been published for Confluence Server and Data Center recently: March 20, 2019 CVE-2019-3395 / CVE-2019-3396 April 17, 2019 CVE-2019-3398 The goal of this article is...

936 views 0 19
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you