Tables within tabs not working

Mack Baczynski August 15, 2018

When using Tab groups and tabs I'm getting the following error when putting a table with content in it. If I avoid putting content in the table, the table renders properly. When I avoid the use of the table, the content renders properly. Is this a result of nested tables not being supported in confluence cloud or something else?

Error: [com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxLazyException] Unexpected close tag ; expected . at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,436]

problem.gif

2 answers

2 votes
Azwandi _ServiceRocket_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 15, 2018

Hi Mack,

Azwandi from ServiceRocket here. I'm pretty sure you're using our new Beta for Composition Cloud. I can reproduce this problem and our team is already investigating a fix. Will keep you posted here.

Mack Baczynski August 16, 2018

Thanks Azwandi. I am using the beta and figured this might be just something that isn't ready yet. I wanted to make sure it was recognized as a known issue. Thanks for keeping me updated. In the mean time, I've switched my content to be raw text separated by hyphens. Not ideal, but it works.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 15, 2018

Hi, Mack.

While we have the following suggestion created to keep track of nested table support - CONFCLOUD-58656: Nesting tables are unsupported, let us try to understand the issue better:

• Are you using the Composition for Confluence add-on for this feature?
  • Can you please confirm that this is reproducible across every page where you try to use a table (with content) within the tab?
  • Was this working properly before and if yes, do you recall any new add-on / configuration changes done to the instance?
  • Is this issue reproducible on different browsers (including Incognito / private browsing mode)?

Keep me posted. Thanks.

Mack Baczynski August 16, 2018

Though it seems Azwandi's reply acknowledges the issue, I'll answer your questions to make sure its captured properly.

1. Yes, using the composition for confluence cloud add-on. It's currently in beta form, but release notes didn't suggest this was a known issue. I understand the risks, and appreciate any attention to this given that its beta.

2. Yes it happens for any page I try.

3. This was not known to be working before as this addon was just added to our cloud instance. I have successfully used cards/deck of cards in the past with a server instance, and did not have this problem

4. It follows each browser I've tried. (Chrome, Firefox, Edge)

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2018

Hi, Mack.

Thank you for the details. While I am glad that the issue has been rectified by @Azwandi _ServiceRocket_ as an issue in the Beta deployment of the add-on, the information you provided will be useful for future references. 

Until then, please let me know once the issue is solved on your end. Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events