Table visualization only when data is included

Vladimir Stankov October 28, 2024

Hello everyone,

I would like to copy a table from child page to parent page which can be done easily with "table excerpt" macro, but I want the table to be visualized only if there is some data inside that table.

For example if I have a parent page and under it 2 child pages and in both child pages I have a table in one of them I have some data in the table, but in the other one there is no data. I would like to visualize only the one that has data on the parent page.

Can this be achieved with some other macro/s or development needs to be done?

1 answer

0 votes
Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2024

Hi @Vladimir Stankov ,

As you've mentioned the Table Excerpt macro, I suppose you use our Table Filter, Charts & Spreadsheets for Confluence app.

Maybe the following options may give some hints how to proceed with the task.

If your tables on the child pages have the same headers, you may collect all of them into one combined report via the Table Excerpt Include macro. You may wrap each table in the Table Excerpt macro, assign the same name to all of the macros and collect them through the Table Excerpt Include macro (specify this name, choose to collect excerpts from the child pages and tick the "Show as a report" option).

As a result, you'll get a big combined report. If there is a table inside your excerpt, then it will be pulled to the report.

If the issue is that by "no data" you mean not just no table or only table headers left but empty table rows (the grid is present but there may or may not be data in the cells), you may still collect the combined report and put the Table Filter macro on top.

Via the Table Filter macro you'll be able to filter out the empty cells (set the reversed filter for empty values). 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events