Table transformer hyperlink to Jira issue generates no back link

FilBerry May 27, 2022

I use the table transformer to join a simple table with a jira macro table.

I already have a working hyperlink to the (single) Jira issue I want to display, no issue there, using formatting this link works like a charm.

However, I miss the automatic "mentioned in" link from the Jira issue back to the page - with just a Jira macro, this works. But it seems the table transformer kind of destroys this "backlink":

Confluence page ----> Jira issue (works)

Jira issue --X--> Confluence page (does not)

Is there an option to get this to work (except manually)? Or is it generally not possible using the table transformer?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2022

Hi @FilBerry ,

Please give us more info about the backward links - not sure that we got the case.

How do you get the links from Jira backwards to Confluence pages? Are they stored as a custom field?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2022

Maybe you have something similar:

Fri 11-1.png

Let's consider that the first table with links was generated by the Jira Issues macro. The second one was created manually.

SELECT T1.'Key', T1.'Status', T1.'Mentioned In',
T2.'Comment'
FROM T1 JOIN T2 ON T1.'Key' = T2.'Key'

Here you join these tables but not with the help of the default Lookup preset - list the required columns from the tables manually. Their formatting (i.e. links) will be preserved.

Fri 11-2.png

FilBerry May 30, 2022

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ ,

thanks for your swift reply. I hope I can explain further:

In my case the "mentioned in" issue-to-page link does not exist (yet). Before I used the table transformer the steps to create this "mentioned in" link were:

1. Create Jira issue. There are no issue links.

2. Create Confluence page.

3. Use Jira macro on the Confluence page to show the issue URL (or show as table with some additional issue fields). I can use this link on the page to get to the issue.

4. Now the Jira issue has a "mentioned on" link that takes me back to the Confluence page, I do not have to manually create the link.

My problem arises when I do the same steps as above, but instead of only using the Jira macro in step 3, I use the table transformer to join 2 tables (one of them a Jira macro), the "mentioned on" link from step 4 will not be created.

I still have the correct page-to-issue link (on the Confluence page), but there is no automatically created issue-to-page link (in the Jira issue).

I have an inkling that the enclosing table transformer swallows the Jira macro magic, which you probably have no control over. Would be nice if I were wrong, of course :)

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2022

Hi @FilBerry ,

Here is how everything works for us:

• If we use a single issue view of the Jira Issues macro/paste the issue link directly on the page in Confluence, then we have a note before the page title section that we have a Jira link here. If we refresh this Jira Issue, the page title appears in the "mentioned in" section. It happens both for plain Jira Issue macro and for the Jira Issue macro inside the Table Transformer macro.
  • If we use a tabular view of the Jira Issues macro (list several issues in a tabular form), then no "mentioned in" links are created. We get no notes about the number of the issues used on the Confluence page and the "mentioned in" section is blank. It also happens both with and without our macros.
Like # people like this
FilBerry May 30, 2022

Hi @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ ,

you're right, I did not catch that it does not work with the table view of the Jira macro!

I guess my question is answered then, I'll find a pretty solution for our setup.

Thank you so much for your time! By the way, I really like making use of the table transformer, it's super helpful!

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 30, 2022

Thank you for the positive feedback!

I'll pass it to our team.)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events