Table toolbar missing

marisvali July 18, 2019

When I edit a page and insert a table I don't get the "table toolbar" that the documentation talks about. Here is what I see:

image.pngAnd this is what the documentation says I should have:

image.png

This happens in Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox, on two different computers with two different users in the same wiki. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

6 answers

4 votes
Jason White August 28, 2020

Is this ever going to be fixed? I don't even bother making tables in Confluence anymore and just use Google Docs, but sometimes I'm asked to add a column to an existing table and I haven't figured out a way to do it with the horrible "new UI"

1 vote
Anthony Voigt October 14, 2020

I'm also immensely frustrated by this issue.  I need to be able to access the full table controls that are supposed to be available in the new editor, but instead all I can access is the limited controls described in the thread above.  Exactly the same problem.  Can anyone please help?

1 vote
kgundyburlet@crownci.com December 30, 2019

Right clicking doesn't produce the required controls.  Left clicking within a cell gives a menu that includes inserting rows and columns.  The shortcut for adding a row is listed and on my mac is <ctrl><alt><down arrow>.

Julian Fainlight January 30, 2020

Same case here. stumbled over adding a row by Tab...Tab...etc. Not at all intuitive.

Lets go back to the prior UI with a toolbar that makes sense.

Like # people like this
melissa February 14, 2020

100%

Like Tim Field likes this
0 votes
Robert Wojack January 10, 2023

For anyone still dealing with this issue in the CLOUD version, what I have found is that if you select a table and hover (without clicking) over a row bar or column and wait a second or two, a PLUS icon will appear and you can now click that PLUS icon to insert a row or column.

Confluence.Table.Hover.Add.RowCol.jpg

0 votes
Bernie Pruss April 26, 2020

Does this mean there is no longer a way to cut and paste rows or columns?  I need to reorder some rows and have spent more than 20 minutes looking for a answer.  This thread seems to suggest that feature was there but removed?  Talk about Yak Shaving.  

David Corlette June 28, 2021

If you hover over the left-hand side of a row and select it (or top of column), the whole row/column is selected. You can then Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V to copy/paste (there is no menu option that I can find).

Michael Truss July 6, 2021

Anyway to "Insert row above" like before, it seems like the new "Insert Row" really means "Insert Row below"?

0 votes
Altaf
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2019

Hi @marisvali 

can you try selecting the table/column and see if the toolbar appears. It should be a new row underneath the main toolbar.

marisvali July 18, 2019

I've tried selecting the table or rows or columns individually, the toolbar does not appear.

image.png

Like # people like this
Sean Seemann August 26, 2019

Was a resolution found for this? I am having the the same issue and can not see the table toolbar (tried on multiple browsers with multiple users).

Paulo Muñoz September 20, 2019

I'm having the same issue here, and it's quite annoying, when is this going to be resolved?
Thanks

Like Jeremie Halimi likes this
Sean Seemann September 20, 2019

So i heard back from Atlassian support on this. Turns out the toolbar has been removed in newer versions of Cloud Confluence; along with the ability to set table column widths. The full set of available options now exists in the "Table Options" menu that appears at the bottom of the table when selected.

Like Julie Kamel likes this
Dag Brænd October 22, 2019

I really don't like this. I am using confluence a lot, and the old way of handling tables is WAY better than the new one, the new implementation is REALLY annoying. Wish Atlassian would give us the old one back.

Like # people like this
Oana_Donose October 28, 2019

When creating the page with the table, don't choose the 'new editing' fancy option. Choose just blank page. This "fixed" it for me. The new table was really smoother to use but the toolbar didn't show up and I needed the 'fill cell color' option. shucks.

Later edit: you can find cell background color on each cell top right! back to smooth new features

Like Uday Joshi likes this
Annie_Baldwin November 4, 2019

When I select the "Table Options" I only have the option to select a header row/column - no way to delete columns, fill in text, or anything. This is completely unusable. Any idea how to expand table options?

Like # people like this
Helen Ioffe December 19, 2019

yep, exactly same here... the table options don't have the option to make columns "responsive" 

i did select "blank page" and same result. 

i really dont like this new ui and i wish there is a option to turn this off. this is crazy

Like # people like this
Nancy Mooney April 14, 2020

When I add a table I only have the following cell options. atlassian-cloud-table.png

I have no table options available at the bottom of the table when the table is selected (as stated above). So frustrating not being able to manage column width. How do you get access to table options? The only thing at the bottom of my table is the Delete icon.

Nancy Mooney August 28, 2020

I have noticed that you can now hover over the dividing line between columns and an icon with a line and arrows pointing left and right of the line will show up - you can now drag that line to resize the columns. Yay.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events