Table of contents zone macro content looses formatting

Nicholas Wade June 24, 2022

The Table of Content Zone macro removes all the formatting of the content that it surrounds. 

When you place text inside the macro body it looks okay until you save and view the output.

• Normal style text goes kind of monospaced
  • Code style text loses its formatting and becomes Normal style kind of monospaced.

I don't have any hope of resolving this as Atlassian never respond, never acknowledge, and have a dumb policy for resolving issues.

NB: trying to report an issue is worse that having your teeth pulled out.

1 answer

0 votes
Jessica
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 4, 2022

Hi @Nicholas Wade 

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with the Table of ContentZone macro and this is being a frustrating experience for you.

With some tests on our side and additional information on how things are on your side, we can try to confirm the behavior and then report a bug report on your behalf.

Depending on what and how something is being added to the page inside the Table of Content Zone macro, it is possible this is being affected by this bug, that renders it in the Legacy editor style when the page is published, which differs from the new editor, that you see while in edit mode.

I have added a code snippet macro inside the table of content zone macro for example, and this indeed loses the formatting and the text looks monospaced.

However, normal text and heading/colored text looks normal here.
Would you mind sharing an example (it can be a screenshot) on how it looks on the published and edit mode?

Kindest Regards,
Jessica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events