Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table of contents does not include Excerpt Include header items

sahluwalia March 23, 2022

Table of contents does not include Excerpt Include header items.

1. Create an Excerpt with H3/H4

2. Create Excerpt Include on a new page. Make sure you have a table of contents on that page

3. View published page

Expected: Table of contents to include the header items.

Actual: They are missing.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

@sahluwalia Let me first explain why Headings in an excerpt or include macro don't populate in the ToC on a page the macro is being used on.

Since the excerpt/include macros are mirroring the detail from the parent page, it is not bringing over the underlying formatting from that page - which means that the ToC cannot pick up the content as a heading that should be included in the child page's ToC.

Now that you know, you can vote for this existing feature request using this link.

Hope this helps.

sahluwalia March 23, 2022

Ah, make sense. Thanks for letting me know. I'll vote for this as this would be handy.

Michael Verdun Heath April 1, 2022

I'd be inclined to call this a bug; It's something that had always worked in confluence server, so why not cloud?

In-fact it works even on-cloud until you "upgrade" to the new editor on your page.

Like # people like this
Mike Dennis May 9, 2023

I agree; The loss of this old feature is certainly a regression from a user perspective. 

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events