You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I've been using Confluence and the Table of Contents macros for 2 years, and in the last 2 days I've found that several of my existing pages (with previously functional TOCs) are now showing a blank space in the Table of Contents region.
Has something changed in the last 2 days on the Confluence side?
I have so far been able to get the TOCs to reappear in each case, by: editing the page, editing the TOC macro, and then re-publishing the page, but this is not an acceptable workaround.
I’ve tried different access patterns and observed that
If you go to the page directly (Typing URL or clicking the link from the external page), the issue will occur
If you go to the page by navigating inside Confluence (Clicking a link from the same Confluence site, finish editing, etc.) the issue won’t occur.
Thanks Richard, I've found the same.
It's annoying to have to navigate back and forth between pages that way (in the left sidebar), when I already have certain pages bookmarked, but that does seem to work.
And the pages seem to be showing up "whole" more consistently now. Maybe Atlassian figured something out.
Just want to chime in that I'm experiencing this same issue! I'm also able to get the TOC to stick (but only temporarily) when I edit the page, then republish (in my case, I didn't edit anything on the TOC or page before republishing). Then I'll see TOC. But when I refresh browser, it disappears again.
That's the same thing I was seeing. If I actually edit the TOC, then it *seems* to stick, but just opening it to edit without actually changing anything didn't last.
Darnit, I just rechecked the page that had *seemed* to be fixed last week (after doing those minor edits), and now it's showing the same problem again.
This clearly looks like an Atlassian problem, and I can't find a good way to report the issue.