Table of Contents - Regular Expression

Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 14, 2013

I need to be able to supress certain headings within my table of contents on a Confluence page.

The headings I need to surpress are:

- Page Views
- Recently Updated
- Release Items (xx issues)

The xx within brackets will be different depending on what comes back from a JIRA feed.

I have absolutely no idea about regular expressions. Is it possible to write a regular expression to surpress these headings?

If so, would anybody be kind enough to help me out? :-)

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Sweales
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

It's ok, figured it out myself ...

Views|Recently Updated|Release Items.*|

Pauline Monroy March 12, 2020

I used this to exclude a heading "Table of contents" itself :D 

Pauline Monroy March 15, 2020

Ok, I've hit a snag here. 

I wanted to remove the headings Document details and Table of contents when using the TOC macro. 

I used this regex: Document details|Table of contents.*| in the exclude headings section.

It renders the correct result I need in the macro's preview. (Refer SS 1)

TOC issue.png

But upon publishing the page, TOC is empty. 

I tested the macro again without the Regex, it works fine, included it shows me the headings I wanted to exclude.

What could be the issue here?

2 votes
Pauline Monroy March 15, 2020

Try (Table of Contents|Views|Recently Updated|Release Items).

I used (Table of Contents| Document details) and it worked.

Toc Fixed.png

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2013

Hi Steve,

Can you tell us which version of Confluence are you running?

Also, if you can attach a screen capture of your page. The reason I ask is that release items don't normally display on each page...so to see a screen capture would clarify.

Mary

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events