We recently updated to 5.0.3 Confluence and I attempted to make a page with a Table of Contents today and I am not able to get any of the headings to appear.
Previously I would paste in a word document, clean up the formatting and adjust the levels in wiki markup (ex h5.) Then I would add a ToC.
The ToC is now blank.
I assume it is because the heading levels are wrong but not 100%.
Since there is no wiki-markup (or I would have to write it from scratch via insert) how would I adjust Heading Levels so they appear in my ToC?
I pasted some headings from Word into Confluence 5.0.3 and the TOC macro picked them up as headings. Here are the headings in Word, you can see the style is set to Heading 1:
Here is how it turned out in Confluence 5.0.3:
Since Confluence 5.0.3 has long past end of life I tested with Confluence 6.5.x as well.
If the source text from Word is not styled as headings, you can choose the desired heading with your cursor and change it to a heading in the editor. That will make the TOC pick it up:
Hi my Community friends! For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs