Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table of Contents Macro - why is the preview I see in the macro not displaying on my page?

maureen_sargent January 7, 2021

I'm using the TOC macro for the first time, I can see my headings listed in the preview in the macro builder, but when I hit save all that is displayed is a blue box that says table of contents, but none of my headings. Shouldn't the preview box be WYSIWYG? I have chosen the following in the macro:

• Output type - flat
  • List style - disc
  • Heading indent - 
  • Separator - brackets
  • Min Level - 1
  • Max Level - 7
  • Include Headings - 
  • CSS - 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

It's a known weakness in the preview function of the general "configure macro" dialogue - it does not go back to the page to read sample data in every case, it only looks at the configuration of the macro, and provided content body.

The TOC macro only draws from the content of the page, so the preview doesn't get anything to work with.

How do I get a TOC to display then, did I miss something in my settings?  The preview shows these but when I hit save I just get a box that says Table of Contents, with none of my headings

Overview ] [ Advanced Info ] [ 1) Organization ] [ Advanced Info ] [ RG Type & RG Tier ] [ Advanced Info ] [ Classifications Tab - Activity Status & Economic Model ] [ Advanced Info ] [ Optional Fields ] [ Advanced Info ]

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2021

Are your desired content truly headings in Confluence?

I mean, each one is on a separate line and formatted with one of the six "heading" formats?

0 votes

Yes they are. I think there was a glitch in the system, it is now displaying.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events