Create
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Table of Content in languages other than English and other features

Topaz Yaron March 18, 2020

Hello!

I've been encountering issues when it comes to the language I'm working on on my confluence (Hebrew) and I hope there's something we can do about it.

Firstly, the Table of Content is not working in Hebrew. The table is shown, but the links don't work. When I change it to English it works, but it defiantly has worked before in Hebrew and it's very important to us to produce out articles in our native language.

Other than that, because Hebrew is written from right to left and not left to right like in Latin languages, we are having trouble with some features. In the info panel feature for example, we can only write from left to right and it's not very aesthetic.

image.png

Plus, we can't combine Hebrew and English in the sames sentence (the text gets messed up) so it makes it very difficult to make "how to" articles about platforms in English.

I asked the person in charge of the confluence in my organization and he didn't have answers for our issues so that's why I'm wring here so we can hopefully resolve this. 

Will appreciate your helpšŸ™ Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 20, 2020

Hello again, Topaz! 

I'd love to help report this to the development team so we can get this working in future releases.

I believe this might be something that changed in the new Confluence editor. You mentioned that the Table of Contents macro worked as expected previously. Do you know if the Panel macro also previously displayed Hebrew text from right-to-left, as expected? 

In that case, I'd like to test something. Can you see if you still have access to the legacy Confluence editor? You can find out if you do by clicking the + icon on the left sidebar. A list of available templates will pop up. You may need to click Show more, if you see that displayed, but you're looking for a template called Blank page (old) (going away soon):

CleanShot 2020-03-20 at 14.09.59.png

If you don't have that option, even when clicking Show more, you'll want to have your Confluence site admin raise a ticket Cloud Support and have the legacy template re-enabled on your site.

Once it is enabled, you can create a new blank page using that template. Test the Table of Contents macro and the Panel macro and let me know if you still have the issue.

If so, I can report this as a bug. I'll want to do some testing on my end. If you have some example Hebrew text you can share, I would like to create a test page and try to confirm the problem on my site.

Thank you for your help!

Shannon

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events