Table of Content Macro not working with headings in Tables

Mohamed Sleem March 6, 2018

Hi All

I have created a table of contents using the Table of Content macro on pages successfully before and they have worked as expected, click the link and it takes you to the corresponding heading within the page.

But now I have a problem with one instance where I have created a table (not table of content), and within some of the rows I have headings, some set to H3 and sub headings set to H4. This is a very long table so I added a Table of Content to list the headings within the table so users can skip straight to the section of interest. The Table of Continent Macro shows the headings fines, but when I click on the links nothing happens, it dose not jump to the corresponding heading within the table.

Can someone confirm whether or not the Table of Content macro will work in the manner I described above?

Kind regrds

Moh

2 answers

0 votes

OK I figured it out.

When I was testing the table of content macro, I used the preview tool while in edit mode. But when I published the page the Table of Content links works and Jumps to the right heading. So it looks like the Tabale of Content links don't work in page preview.

The next question should  Table of Content link work in Page Preview?

Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Not sure if it's supposed to work.... never tested it in Preview!

Would make sense that it doesn't work because normal links don't work either, or? Pretty sure it has something to do with saving the page.

0 votes
Fabienne Gerhard
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Does it not jump to the right heading or doesn't it do anything? 

When I tried I had the problem that it jumped to the right heading but because of the scrolling table header - the headline it jumped to - disappears under the table header. 

It does nothing, the links are there , but no jump

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events