Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table of Content Export

Michael April 4, 2017

Hello,

i have a Confluence Page with a couple of Header h1.

When i add the TOC Macro i will get listed all like

1. Example

2. Example

Is there anyway when i export them to get the Header with the TOC Numbers?

Regards

Michael

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marcelo Horlle
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 8, 2017

Hey Michael,

So, you have a page with some H1 Headers in Confluence. You have used the TOC Macro to create a Table of Content for your users. 

Now, I am not sure if I quite understood the problem itself and neither what you are trying to achieve.

Are you trying to export your page to a given format and want the H1 Headers to actually contain the TOC numbers ? Like, to replace the H1 Header numbers with the TOC numbers?

Please, let us know so we can help you further.

pat madea February 4, 2021

"Answer" is not a solution.

0 votes
pat madea February 4, 2021

Unfortunately, the "answer" is not a solution.

What is interesting is that the TOC “automatically” assigns Heading numbers to the topics in the PDF! That is great! However, the topics within the PDF are not carrying the Heading numbers shown in the TOC. I suspect there is a way to configure how to generate a PDF that not only automatically assigns a Heading number in the TOC but also assigns that same number to the Headings in the body when the PDF is generated.

TOC example in generated PDF:

1. Introduction 
1.1 Overview
1.2 Prerequisites

Corresponding example of headings in generated PDF:

Introduction
Overview
Prerequisites

Is there a way for the TOC numbers to be synchronized with the headings in the body and shown in headings in the PDF?

madea

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events