Table formatting in Page Properties Issue

Adam Davila March 19, 2021

I have a table that is inside a page properties macro, that is inside a 3-column layout. At first, everything is fine, but at some point when editing and saving the page, the table formatting becomes corrupted and one of the tables columns no longer will wrap the text, which extends the column width indefinitely until the text is on one line.  This makes the information in the table illegible without scrolling the extra long column.  Is this a known bug and/or is there a fix in progress?

Here's how it should look (Left column is a Page Properties Macro)

Initial with No Issue.PNG

Here's how it looks after saving:

After Saving with Issue.PNG

The change seems to happen randomly, but from testing, it seems to consistently happen if someone is editing a page and then they shrink their browser from full screen to a smaller size. Currently using the up-to-date version of Chrome.

Also, once the issue occurs, I can't correct the table so that the columns are back inside the initial boundaries of the page properties macro/layout column. The only option is to delete the table completely and add a new one.

Thanks for the help!

1 answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 9, 2021

@Adam Davila Can you share a screenshot of what it looks like before you save it so I can try and recreate the issue.

Alex Johnson December 13, 2022

There is an active suggestion that has been made on the Atlassian Confluence Jira Issues Board.

This may help redirect anyone who came here searching for a workaround.

Alexander Malic March 13, 2023

I am having a similar issue with Confluence cloud.

Here's how to reproduce this issue

1. Create a new template
  2. Add a two column page layout macro
  3. Add page properties into the right page layout macro column
  4. Add a table into the page properties macro and change "Header rows" to "Header columns" within it's properties
  5. Enter some values into the header cells
  6. Change column width of the header column (this is important)
  7. Save the template
  8. Edit the template again 
  9. Suddenly the page properties macro shows a horizontal scroll bar and the table width of the table macro inside the properties macro can not be adjusted
Like Tyler Wetzel likes this
Tyler Wetzel October 17, 2023

Having the same issue here where I add a row, and then on save the entire table shifts over and puts my row as a column. It's beyond frustrating. 

P. Bryan Edge-Salois October 26, 2023

I've experienced this as well. Very obnoxious bug. 

Oskar Wirth March 27, 2024

we are experiencing the same problem.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events