You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have a task in a table (named Table 1) with the columns Name, Task, Description, Status. The Status column is usually empty. A member inputs the entry as "Done" when it's completed. At this point, we only see the Status column showing either as an empty cell or as "Done". I want the updated cells ("Done") to automatically move or show up in the below archive/second table. Failed to do that by the below 2 steps.
Step1- I wrapped the source table in the Table Excerpt macro and then in the Table Filter macro on top. Then I filtered the table to show only the empty cells and hid the filter panel
Step 2- another Table Excerpt Include macro which is wrapped in a Table Filter Macro (Table 1 is my source table). Only, this time, I tried to reverse the filter by setting it to "Done" instead of empty cells. BUT I am not able to see that criteria at all (Done). I only see the criteria that I see in step 1.
Please help with this. I tried using @Stiltsoft support 's method here Solved: Table filter macro - move entry to second table, w... (atlassian.com) but I am getting stuck with filtering for the second table
Hi @NM ,
As I see, you describe the case correctly:
Unfortunately, can't say more as for now judging by the description.
Maybe the issue is how to set a reversed filter for not empty cells? Please check this part of our documentation: https://docs.stiltsoft.com/tfac/cloud/table-filtration-42239755.html#Tablefiltration-Filteringrowsnotequaltoselectedvalues
You may also refer to our support and attach the page storage format of your page (upper right corner -> menu ... -> View Storage Format). We'll be able to recreate your table and macros with all the settings and see what goes wrong.
@Stiltsoft support So here is what went wrong and I fixed it. What I explained in my question is the correct order. Except, the order in page was incorrect in the first place. It was Source table <- Table filter 1 <- Table Excerpt. It was the other way around in my table and I figured out my silly mistake. Thanks for this. Your initial solution is truly gold!