Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table displays in shrunken window when publishing

Steve Gallant September 20, 2019

Hello, 

I'm having a weird rendering issue with confluence. I'm the site admin at my company and haven't seen this before. Here are the details:

• One of our users created a table and a Jira link in a conf page
  • When he publishes the page, it cuts the height of the viewable table window significantly
    • It should be noted that there are scroll bars within this shrunken window and I can scroll through the shrunken window vertically
  • See image below for published view

published.png

• When clicking the edit icon, he can see the full table and Jira link that he's created.
  • See image below for edit view

edit.png

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 26, 2019

Hi Steve,

That's very strange indeed! I have never seen anything like that before. Is this the only user that sees that, or does anyone else visiting the table see the same thing?

Can you tell me what browsers you're able to replicate this in? If you were to try this in Incognito or Private browsing mode, with all browser add-ons disabled, does the issue persist?

Regards,

Shannon

Steve Gallant September 30, 2019

Hi Shannon,

Thanks for the reply.

I've been able to replicate this in Chrome and Safari (both normal and incognito/private windows). 

The user that reported it to me saw the issue, then I was able to replicate logged in as myself.

For clarity, when I load the page, the table renders correctly, but at the last moment when the page finishes loading, the window snaps to that small size. I have a short video of it if it would help, but am not able to upload it here.

Thanks for your help!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 30, 2019

Steve,

Thank you for confirming that.

When you logged in to replicate, this was from a different location, on a different machine? If you were to put Confluence in safe mode, does the issue persist?

Regards,

Shannon

Steve Gallant September 30, 2019

Hi Shannon,

When you logged in to replicate, this was from a different location, on a different machine?

Same location (our office, on the same network), but using my machine. Numerous users are seeing the same thing on this page.

If you were to put Confluence in safe mode, does the issue persist?

We're using cloud, so I believe there isn't an option to put it in safe mode. From the documentation:

Disabling or enabling all apps (using Safe Mode)
Running your Atlassian Server application in Safe Mode disables all user installed apps at once.

Thanks!

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 2, 2019

Steve, 

Thank you for confirming that; and my apologies.

As you're mentioning one specific page, can you confirm this issue ONLY exists with that page?

The link to Jira - I assume it just a simple text link? Do you have any add-ons being used on this page? What is the small graphic in the top right-hand corner of your page?

Screenshot 2019-10-02 at 11.48.02.png

Do you currently have any 3rd party add-ons installed on the instance? 

Regards,

Shannon

Steve Gallant October 2, 2019

As you're mentioning one specific page, can you confirm this issue ONLY exists with that page?

Yes, this is the only place where we've seen this.

The link to Jira - I assume it just a simple text link?

Correct

Do you have any add-ons being used on this page?

We do have some add-ons installed, but I don't believe any are used on this page. Is there a way to verify

What is the small graphic in the top right-hand corner of your page?

This is a plugin that I'm using on my browser. The other users who have seen this issue are not using that plugin, so I don't thinkin it's related.

Do you currently have any 3rd party add-ons installed on the instance? 

Yes.

• Draw.io
  • Invision
  • Numbered Headings
  • Team Calendars (Inactive)
Steve Gallant October 2, 2019

It's worth noting that other pages have built similar tables and don't have this issue.

Like Shannon S likes this
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 3, 2019

Thank you, Steve!

I actually don't think it's related to the table, but with one of the add-ons on the page. 

You can try the following to rule that out:

• Copy just the table and paste it into a new, blank page.
  • Create a copy of the page, and see if the issue persists there.
  • Remove all 3rd party add-ons from the page.
  • View the Confluence source for the page, and see if there is any hidden script that might be causing this issue.
  • Open up the Developer Tools > Network tab, and keep an eye on it, seeing what happens there when the behavior occurs.

Let me know how it goes, and if you are able to resolve the issue that way.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events