Table cell anchors don't seem to work

Anne Aloysious August 28, 2014

I created 57 table cell anchors and have tried to link them from various pages in one space and it doesn't work. The link goes to a random location on the page but not to the correct table cell. Any suggestions?

7 answers

0 votes
Frank S
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 23, 2016

Same problem in Confluence v5.9.6:                                                                                

Added anchor in table cell. When referencing it with a link from a different page, the link takes me to the top of the page where the table containing the anchor is -- but not to the anchor itself.

0 votes
José Ferreira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2015

I've just noticed that some users mentioned firefox, safari or internet explorer...so I tried with Firefox and the reference works. With Internet Explorer it does not work to reference within a table.

0 votes
José Ferreira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
February 19, 2015

Is this issue with anchors to reference cells on tables already solved? I am using Confluence 5.6.3 and I still cannot link within the same page to a certain cell of a table inside that page. Thanks,

0 votes

You should post the JIRA ticket.

n> done

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

You should post the JIRA ticket. Can you use Headings instead? They seem to work just fine. We might be able to do some magic here.

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2014

What version of Confluence are you using? I am on 5.4.4 and anchors don't appear to have rendered in the HTML if they are deep in tables for me. Some cells they do but some they don't for me.

I reccomend you right click on your page and press Inspect. Let us know what the case is.

0 votes

Some cells they do but some they don't for me.

n> That erratic behaviour for anchor links is not really useful. I've opened a JIRA ticket and am waiting for a reply.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events