Table borders disappearing

Hi -- I have a large table used as a glossary, and some of the rows' borders are missing. They are still separate rows, but the line between them is gone (randomly, about every tenth one). I've tried clearing the formatting and starting over, but it still doesn't work. The 'unmerge' button is lightened/unavailable, otherwise I'd think that would be the next good thing to try. Does anyone have any ideas/advice? Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hmm - that does not sound good.

Maybe a bug. (log to http://jira.atlassian.com)

One thing you could do, which is a bit of a hacky work-around is to create your table like you would in old wiki-markup.

For example, in TextPad, create this with your content:

|| Header ||  Header  || Header  || Header ||  Header  ||  

| Text | Text | Text | Text | Text | 

To insert it:

1. Select Edit (page)
  2. Insert option in upper menu
  3. Select { } wiki markup
  4. Copy in the table from TextPad

Curious if it fixes the problem (then you could span cells as needed once the basic table is right). Admittedly - this seems like a tough one.

Not sure if this is a politically correct suggestion - but thats likely frustrating so wonder if this would work.

Good luck,

Ellen

If you go into the source editor for the page (the button with this symbol: <>) you can find some weird HTML in the table. In my case it was an extraneous <colgroup></colgroup> element. Once I deleted this element and applied the change my borders reappeared. 

Thanks - this worked for me

Thanks Jeff, nice catch !

This fix saved me today!  Thank you Jeff!

For me, I change the magnification level (ctl-+ or ctl–) of the browser and the borders appear/disappear. Annoying...

I have experienced the same thing..

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

569 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you