It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Table automatically fits to the full page

Hi,

Whenever I create a table in a blank confluence, Table automatically fits to the full page irrespective of 1/2 columns. I want to drag and resize the column width which seems not working right now. When I put my cursor on the table icon, it shows Shift+Alt+T instead of previously shown option: a table with option to choose no. of rows and columns. Is there any option, I regain the previous settings. Thanks

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @rahul_roy

Are you using the new Confluence editor which is being rolled out - if yes, unlike previously where table options were at the top of the page, they're now all within the table itself - so if you select the table by clicking it you can:

• Make the table the full width of the page or centre it with the button on the far-right (two little arrows)
  • Insert columns or rows by hovering over the dots between / at the ends of rows and columns
  • See table options at the bottom for header rows, etc
  • Re-size columns by clicking on the dividing lines and dragging them

You can also remove rows and columns by clicking on them - click on the thin line at the top of a column or the start of a row and an "x" will appear.

If this doesn't solve your issue or you're in the classic editor - let us know and if you can provide a screenshot of the error, that'd be ideal.

Ste

the new rollout sucks big time.

there are no arrows for resizing a column or the whole table.

you add a table it fits the whole page, you don't have any option to customize it.

you had one job and you broke it, well done.

Hi @Dragos Doru

As I mention above some of these options do exist - can you send us a screenshot of what you see which isn't letting you make customisations?

Ste

Here it is:

as you can see, the 3rd column it's empty, useless; if i delete it by pressing the x button when i select it, all good, but the '2nd column' gets auto width to the whole page

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 12.35.24.png

And by pressing this button, see bellow, it doesn't help me in my problem.

Screenshot 2020-01-21 at 12.37.27.png

I just want to customize the width of tables, as it used to be before. Why in the hell have you removed a feature that was working smoothly, where now i'm forced to use some much space on an article, that should be easy to read?

Hi @Dragos Doru

You're right - there isn't a way to customize the width of the table itself outside of the button at this point. Removing the third column will auto-size the remaining two, to average out the size of each to fit the page.

I'm Community Leader as opposed to a member of the Atlassian team - it's best to vote and watch suggestions which aim to have this feature added to the new editor - one which might be of interest: CONFCLOUD-67748

Or search for others in the CONFCLOUD project.

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Confluence

Lessons and Learnings: Six Months of Working Remote [Discussion]

Hey there, folks! For most of us, the past six months- yes, you read that right- have been a journey. More people than ever before have pivoted to working remotely, and navigating being on-scre...

8,550 views 6 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you