Table and Table Filter not appearing when published

Lauren Bertsch April 7, 2022

I have a large table on a page and recently added a Table Filter macro to help with filtering the data. It recently stopped appearing when the page was published. The entire table does not appear, but when i choose to edit the page, I can see the table and the table filter on the page. When I export the page to a pdf, the table appears as well. Why won't it show when viewing the published, read-only page? It recently started doing this. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2022

Hi @Lauren Bertsch ,

We don't encounter similar issues with the app.

Do all the tables wrapped in the Table Filter macro have similar behavior?

Do you see any errors when the page is published? Something similar to "Can't get the macro details" or smth? It means that your table exceeds the 2 Mb that is a limitation for the new Cloud editor.

Lauren Bertsch April 7, 2022

The issue seems to be with the filter macro. The table, when removed from the filter macro, seems fine. I did not see any errors when the page was published. I believe the filter macro was working yesterday. The issue seemed to have started today. It's odd, but when I click to edit the Table Filter macro, nothing appears except for a blank box below the name of the filter. To make sure it was not the table size causing the issue, I created a new, blank page and tried adding the table filter. The Macro opened as if it were going to allow me to apply settings and insert it, but it also was just blank.  See attached.  It seems to be a failure possibly with the Table Filter Macro.

Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 5.17.03 PM.png

Like Shinde_ Mukund likes this
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2022

Hi @Lauren Bertsch ,

It's a strange behavior indeed, please check if other macros provided by the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app have the same behavior. Try to insert, for example, the Pivot Table or Chart from Table macros.

Yesterday we released a new version of the app - maybe the add-on was updating for your instance. Then the macros won't be loading until a new version is fully installed.

If the issue persists today, please create a support request.

You may also open browser console (F12 for Chrome), go to the Network tab and then try to insert the macro. Maybe there will be any errors in the console - please attach the screenshot to the ticket, it will help our support team to investigate the issue. 

Lauren Bertsch April 11, 2022

I checked this morning and the Table Filter macro seems to now be working as do the other macros you suggested testing. I do find it odd that I could not insert the macro in the desired location on the page. The macro kept wanting to insert in the excerpt macro I had at the top of the page, regardless of where I placed the cursor and typed / to insert the macro. I had to insert the macro, then cut it from the excerpt where it kept inserting, and paste it in the location of the page where it was needed. Odd behavior but I'm more happy the Table Filter macro is back working!

Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2022

Hi @Lauren Bertsch ,

It is a strange behavior indeed - it's understandable why the macro can't be inserted inside the Excerpt macro: Confluence Cloud doesn't allow macro nesting. But it's not clear why the macro is always wants to be placed inside the Excerpt.

Maybe the page is rather overloaded for Cloud - sometimes we also have issues where it's rather hard to place the cursor between two objects (not text, but tables or macros).

I'm glad though that in general the macros are working as they are supposed. Thank you for the update!

Shinde_ Mukund August 25, 2022

Same Issue with our page, The page is not loading/broken & when I tried to edit the page & table filter it, nothing appears except for a blank box below the name of the filter. This filter/page was working fine previously, but this appeared yesterday. 

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2022

Hi @Shinde_ Mukund ,

Please create a support request here.

Comment if your hosting type is Cloud, if the issue exists within one specific page or the whole instance in general, attach the page storage format - our team will try to investigate the problem.

Rising Star
Rising Star
August 25, 2022

@Shinde_ Mukund ,

We noticed similar behavior of the macro when it's working with the Jira Issues macro - the fix is ready and soon all the instances will be updated.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Trevor Hungerford November 28, 2023

When is this issue being fixed?

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 29, 2023

The issue was fixed on Aug 25, 2022.

If you encounter smth similar with the app now, please refer to our support.

Attach your page storage format (upper right corner -> menu ... -> View storage format) and the HAR file from your browser console recorded while inserting the macro. We'll investigate the issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events