Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table-Transformer Creating Anchors

David Anderson June 14, 2022

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to transform a table and add anchors to enable direct linking from other pages...

anchor.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2022

Hi @David Anderson ,

The issue comes from the Cloud hosting - it's based on iFrames so the anchor macro wrapped into another macro can't be seen through the short link.

The solution will be not to use short link #anchor_name while creating links on other pages, but to use the full link format, for example, https://confluence.stiltsoft.com/display/myspace/My+Page#anchor_name.

In this case you'll be redirected to the specific anchor smoothly.

David Anderson June 14, 2022

awesome..

SELECT T1.'Page' as [Feature]
,FORMATWIKI(CONCAT("[" , T1.'use case id', "|https://gobravedave.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/", T1.'Space', "/pages/", T1.'Page ID', "#", replace(T1.'Page'," ",""),"-", T1.'use case id', "]")) AS [use case id]
,T1.'use case name'
,T1.'use case description'
FROM T1

where the variables used in the building of the link are sourced by including the page metadata field.

I have used `Heading 4` text style in the target table.

table excerpt.png

Katerina Kovriga {Stiltsoft}
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2022

Note that you need to include the column with anchors in the output of the Table Transformer macro. If this column is hidden or just used for transformation or smth, the anchors won't work.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events