Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Spreadsheet in Table Transformer macro

Bart Hoegaerts June 30, 2022

Hi all,
I would like to use the Table Spreadsheet macro on an input page to allow users to feed in data in the spreadsheet in the page view mode.

After the input is doen by the users, I would like to use the Table excerpt macro to bring the contents of the spreadsheet into the Table transformer macro to merge and join with other tables i have on different pages.

When I do this, the Table transformer is not showing any data.

What can I do to solve this or is there an alternative?
Thanks !

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2022

Hi @Bart Hoegaerts ,

Maybe I've got the case wrong, but here is how it works for me:

• the Table Spreadsheet macro is wrapped into the Table Excerpt macro
  • the Table Excerpt Include macro that refers to this Table Excerpt macro is wrapped into the Table Transformer macro
  • as a result, I see the table and the name of the sheet that contains it

Fri 3-1.png

Fri 3-2.png

Bart Hoegaerts July 1, 2022

Hi Katerina,
thanks for your response; unfortunatly this is how I tried it in the first place.

I created A table spreadsheet in aTable excerpt macro

image.png

which I then include in the Table transformer with the Table Excerpt Include macro
image.png

when I open the Table transformer to preview I only get a few lines and boxes as a result.
no data from the actual spreadsheet.
(did saved and updated the pages at every step to make sure everything is published)
image.png

Also in the published view I only see a rectangular box with no content

image.png

Should I report this as a bug? as clearly it should be a working feature as it is working in your example.

Thanks !
Bart

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2022

Yes, please, raise a support request - we have the same macro' structure and it should be working fine.

Attach the screenshot of your Table Spreadsheet macro or the macro itself as an attachment (the portal is confidential and our support team will try to recreate exactly your source table and look into the issue).

Bart Hoegaerts July 1, 2022

Thanks! I have submitted a support case.

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 1, 2022

Yes, I see the issue - please wait for the reply of our support engineer.

Priya Saha December 9, 2022

Hello @Bart Hoegaerts / @Katerina Kovriga _Stiltsoft_ Is this issue resolved?
I am seeing the same issue like Bart. I am on Confluence Data Center v7.19.4 and latest version of Table Transformer macro. 

Stiltsoft support
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 9, 2022

Hi @Priya Saha ,

The feature should be working fine - please refer to our support portal

It is confidential, so export and attach your Table Spreadsheet macro and give us screenshots of your pages in the edit mode. We'll recreate your environment and look into the issue.

Besides, specify the version of the Table Filter and Charts for Confluence app - your Confluence administrator can do it for you. The current one is 9.5.2. If yours is an older one, please update.

Originally the feature to support the Table Spreadsheet macro via other macros was introduced in 8.8.0 version of the app, since that there were several improvements as well.

Like Priya Saha likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events