Table Grid lines

Is there anyway to darken the table gridlines as they are hard to see sometimes?

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 19, 2014

If you edit either the space or global stylesheet and add the below css it will change the color. The default is #ddd.

.confluenceTh, .confluenceTd {border: 1px solid #bbb;}

You can get to the global stylesheet by going to Confluence admin -> Look and feel -> Stylesheet. If you just want to do it for a space then you would use the stylesheet setup in the space administration.

Hi Davin,

I don't have space admin rights, but page is in my personal space.

Space Tools -> Look and Feel -> ????

In Space Tools -> Look and Feel you should see a Stylesheet tab. That is the place to put it.

I guess I just don't have admin rights to change this as all I see is "PDF Stylesheet"....

So it doesn't look like this? Maybe you can get an admin to give your rights. It's kinda odd though. I thought you automatically got space admin rights to your personal space.

Nope, I only have Themes, Colour Scheme, PDF layout and PDF stylesheet. I check with admin people about this.

Is this an add-on feature? Which version of confluence are you using? I have 5.4.1.

Nope. Not an addon. I'm running 5.4.4. It's been there for a while. By chance are you using ConfluenceOnDemand?

Seems like I need get to Admin to make this change. I'll follow-back up next week when I get feedback.

This function is turned off by default. To turn it on, go to > General Configuration > Security Configuration and choose Custom Stylesheets for Spaces.

Reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Styling+Confluence+with+CSS

Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 20, 2014

There ya go. Once you have that turned on the above css should work just fine.

I was denied such access due to security reasons. Oh well, Custom CSS can be used to inject scripts into a page, opening the risk of cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. With this feature enabled, space administrators could upload styles that steal other users' login credentials, trick their browsers into performing actions on the wiki without their knowledge, or even obtain global administration privileges. As such, this feature is disabled by default. Confluence administrators should only enable custom CSS if they are comfortable with the risks listed in this paragraph.

I was denied such access due to security reasons. Oh well, Custom CSS can be used to inject scripts into a page, opening the risk of cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks. With this feature enabled, space administrators could upload styles that steal other users' login credentials, trick their browsers into performing actions on the wiki without their knowledge, or even obtain global administration privileges. As such, this feature is disabled by default. Confluence administrators should only enable custom CSS if they are comfortable with the risks listed in this paragraph.

Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 24, 2014

Well, if they do let you do it at some point my answer above would work and is the best way that I can think of.

Just adding my solution with Confluence 6.5 for my setup, since I couldn't use the above solution and this article shows up as the first hit on "Confluence darken table grid lines".

Our setup did not have a General Configuration entry (probably restricted by admin).

(Yes, this would be obvious for CSS practitioners, but for those who just want a cook-book answer.)

I used the CSS Stylesheet macro that was available by default on our Confluence system (I don't know about this macro's general availability).

• Edit the article (this is a per-article solution)
  • Select "+" in the editing menu
  • Select Other Macros from the bottom of the drop-down menu
  • Select CSS Stylesheet from the list of macros. 
  • In the dialog appears, change nothing, just click the Insert button.
  • This causes the CSS Stylesheet box to appear in the editing document.
  • In the CSS Stylesheet box, enter 
     .confluenceTh, .confluenceTd {border: 1px solid #aaa;}
  • You can change the gird lines color by changing the #aaa to whatever color you like (default is apparently #ddd - very light).

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

466 views 6 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you