Table Cell Background Custom Color

The following confluence issue shows that it should be possible to use custom colors for table rows/cells https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFCLOUD-6482.

I am using the latest version of confluence and can only see 5 light colors. How can I choose a custom background color for a cell/row?

This is an essential functionality and I can't find it.

4 answers

It's a shame that this most basic and trivial feature is open since 2012 - 7 years:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-27618?_ga=2.48369761.697995897.1547727211-984274686.1547727211

But it's OK: we're locked in to Atlassian, so you can plan the next price increase because "Atlassian puts so much energy" into its products.

0 votes
Ann Worley Atlassian Team Sep 20, 2017

Hi Steven,

The development team considered the ticket you linked to be fixed when they added the 5 light colors. For more, here is the suggestion: More cell highlight colors in Confluence If you comment or vote on it, you will be added to notifications.

In the meantime, I recommend using the Panel Macro to add color to your tables.

Thanks,

Ann

James I'm New Here Dec 09, 2018

This is ridiculous. Why not have the same colors as available for fonts? 5 colors, some of which are so light I literally do not notice them on my monitor??

Like 2 people like this

Dammit Atlassian, we are in 2018 not 1996. Surely you can add the rest of the colour spectrum to a table cell. Every table / spreadsheet application known to man has the full colour spectrum. 5 colours is just plain mean. As James as pointed out, on some monitors these light colours are not visible, especially non-HDMI monitors. What is the reason for not allowing more colours? 

Like 4 people like this

The panel macro could be so very much more useful if you could set panel width and had a free-form style box for applying things like float:right. Then I could use it to put the ToC in a panel that would float to the right side of the content, or things like that. Why limit it so much by only having a few specific css elements?

Maybe add the free-form elements under an Advanced expand? I have seen some macros do that.

5 colors? Ridiculous. 

Palette selectors are so futuristic. :P

0 votes

Reading this email thread.

I will take the 5 colors and a native way to add the colors instead of the Panel macro ;)

We are moving lots of our documentation into Confluence (replacing MS Word). So 5 colors is plenty at a documentation point of view. 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Feb 06, 2019 in Confluence

Try out the new editing experience

Hi team, I’m Avinoam, a product manager on Confluence Cloud, and today I’m really excited to let the Community know that all customers can now try out the new editing experience and see some of the ...

792 views 33 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you