System error when trying to access migration assistant

Timothy Medeiros August 4, 2022

When trying to access /admin/migration.action I get the following error (URLs to my confluence snipped for security):

Oops - an error has occurred

System Error

A system error has occurred — our apologies!

For immediate troubleshooting, consult our knowledge base for a solution.

If you would like to receive support from Atlassian's support team, ask your Confluence administrator to create a support issue on Atlassian's support system with the following information:

1. a description of your problem and what you were doing at the time it occurred
  2. a copy of the error and system information found below
  3. a copy of the application logs (if possible).

Your Confluence administrator can use the support request form to create a support ticket which will include this information.

We will respond as promptly as possible.
Thank you!

Return to site homepage…

Cause

Invocation of method 'getInitialState' in class com.atlassian.migration.agent.web.AppAction threw exception com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.time.LocalDateTime and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap') at /templates/app.vm[line 21, column 44]

java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.time.LocalDateTime and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.time.LocalDateTime and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

Referer URL

http://[snip]/admin/viewgeneralconfig.action

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AAMIR ANSARI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2022

Hi @Timothy Medeiros 

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community.

I understand you see errors when using the migration assistant plugin.

Looking at the error below, I can confirm that it is caused due to MySQL driver version.

java.lang.ClassCastException: class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String (java.time.LocalDateTime and java.lang.String are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

Please check the below bug which details this issue.

MySQL 8 driver causes class java.time.LocalDateTime cannot be cast to class java.lang.String error

As of now, the only workaround is to downgrade to MySQL 8.0.22 driver.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Aamir

Timothy Medeiros August 5, 2022

Thank you, this did the trick!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events