Syntax Error MySQL Find User in CWD_User table

Philipp Meyer November 11, 2017

Hey guys,

I'm on my first steps to configure confluence on a own server. Because of that I have a Noobie question.

I want to find all user in the CWD_User table , but I have the follwing problem in the console:

- mysql> <confluence-home-directory>/database SELECT * FROM cwd_user;
 - ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<confluence-home-directory>/database SELECT * FROM cwd_user' at line 1
 - mysql> <confluence-home-directory>/database
-> select * from CWD_USER;
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '<confluence-home-directory>/database
select * from CWD_USER' at line 1

It seems, that mysql can find the database, but what is wrong in this sql statement?

Thanks for help and greetz

Philipp

2 answers

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 21, 2017

Hi Philipp,

The database directory in the Confluence home directory is related to the non-production evaluation database bundled with Confluence. If you are using MySQL, you don't need to concern yourself with it.

At your MySQL prompt, please type:

use Confluence

Then go ahead and type:

select * from cwd_user;

I look forward to hearing whether this works for you.

Thanks,

Ann

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2017

Hello,

Try this

select * from <confluenceuser>.CWD_USER

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events