Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing two instances of Jira and one instance of Confluence

Liz Klausner August 12, 2020

I know similar questions have been asked in the past, but hoping for some guidance. We currently have two instances of Jira, one cloud and one server, and one instance of Confluence (cloud). Is it possible to have both instances of Jira connect to the same Confluence? Also, is it possible to have issues and tasks sync from Jira (cloud) to Jira (hosted) but not vice versa?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2020

Hi @Liz Klausner

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In order to connect your Jira instances with Confluence, you can setup Application Links. Here are the docs how you can link to your Jira Server instance while this is the doc about Application Links between your cloud products.

In order to sync issues and tasks from your Jira Cloud to your hosted Jira, there's no out of the box mechanism to achieve that. Depending on your needs, I can think of two possible solutions:

• You script your solution, so that as soon as some updates happen in your cloud issues, you use the Jira REST API to update/create the issues on your Jira Server.
  • You use an issue sync app. These apps allow you to define the sync mechanisms in a nicer way than scripting - and they take care of all the authentication work and version differences, in case your Jira Server or Cloud is being updated.

Hope that helped a bit,
Matthias.

PS: I'm working for the team of Backbone Issue Sync - one of these issue sync apps.

Liz Klausner August 13, 2020

Thank you! This was super helpful!

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 13, 2020

I'm glad it helped.

Just to introduce you to the etiquette here: If you find an answer useful, you can also accept the answer via the button on top of the answer. This marks the question as answered, so other people who like to answer questions don't need to visit it again - and other people searching for solutions easily find the answer which helped you.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events