After updating from Confluence 6.13.4 to 6.15.8 on Windows 2012r2, Synchrony won't start. If I try and start it manually, I see this in atlassian-confluence.log:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.sun.jna.platform.win32.WinNT$OSVERSIONINFOEX
My setup is very simple, I used the exe installer and don't have other separate components of Confluence (i.e. Synchrony running as its own daemon or external Java).
Synchrony was working fine in confluence 6.13.4.
Has anyone seen this error before?
Thanks for reporting your issues with Synchrony having issues starting after a Confluence upgrade. The include error log does help to see what is going on. I would ask you to please check your versions of Java currently installed within your Windows server, we need to ensure that you’re running Java x64 and not Java x86. This could most likely be the cause of the “java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:”
If you’ve confirmed the proper Java is installed and being used as $JAVA_HOME and $JRE_HOME and you’re still having the issue please let us know.
After looking into this further, your issue looks to be related to a bug. Here is the bug request: CONFSERVER-58784 along with the workaround for the issue:
Downgrade the bundled AdoptOpenJDK from 1.8.0_222-10 to previously bundled JVM (i.e. 1.8.0_202-b08) resolves the issue.
Substitute C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence below if you have Confluence installed in a non-default location.
- Download AdoptOpenJDK 8u202-b08 from https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk8-binaries/releases/download/jdk8u202-b08/OpenJDK8U-jre_x64_windows_hotspot_8u202b08.zip
- Shutdown Confluence
- Rename C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jre to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jre8u222-b10
- Extract OpenJDK8U-jre_x64_windows_hotspot_8u202b08.zip to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence - it will extract with a sub-directory called jdk8u202-b08-jre
- Rename the new C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jdk8u202-b08-jre to C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Confluence\jre
- Start Confluence and Collaborative Editing should now start
Please attempt the workaround and let us know the results.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event