Sync internal and external versions of Confluence

Colm Byrne September 8, 2011

I want my third parties to access user guides that i create in Confluence inside our firewall. Each third party might have a different version of a guide.

But I don't want them to have access to inside our firewall. I want them to access the information securely outside of our firewall

I do want the benefit of third parties commenting on pages and improving the guide but can't have them inside.

So I though that I should create an instance of Confluence outside of our firewall and sync certain pages.

How would I do that? How do I have two instances of Confluence one inside and one out where certain pages that perhaps I label with 'sync-extern' get copied to the external version.

1 answer

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2011

Appfire has some sync tools as part of Firestarter - Learn more about Firestarter™. If you want to script your own, Confluence Command Line Interface has actions for copying pages and comments between instances or general actions that can be put together to do more specialized things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events