Switching from OracleJDK to AdoptOpenJDK fails

kuang5 November 15, 2019

Hi all, I set the Confluence to run on AdoptOpenJDK, however, it shows error message "Exec format error". Please see screenshot below. The Confluence version is 7.0.3 and the AdoptOpenJDK version is 13.0.1. I manually installed Confluence on a server.

Untitled.pngAccording the version support by Confluence, AdoptOpenJDK supports AdoptOpenJDK  since version 6.13.2. Please see screenshot below. It is strange that the test fails. Could anyone advise if I did anything wrong?

v.png

1 answer

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2019

Hi @kuang5 , 

looks like you're getting this error because you're using the arm version, for Linux the correct version is this one : https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk8-binaries/releases/download/jdk8u232-b09/OpenJDK8U-jdk_x64_linux_hotspot_8u232b09.tar.gz

Let me know if this works, 

--Alexis

kuang5 November 15, 2019

Thank you for the advice, Alexis. The same error still occurs as screenshot below shows. 

Untitled.png

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2019

This is definitely because you're not using the right biinary for your server.

Can you check what's the output of "uname -a" on your server ?

kuang5 November 15, 2019

The output is:

Linux SERVERNAME 4.9.0-11-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.189-3+deb9u1 (2019-09-20) i686 GNU/Linux

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2019

Did you download the Linux installer (or tar.gz archive) from https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/download ?

kuang5 November 15, 2019

No, I downloaded the tar.gz archive and extracted it to the home directory.

kuang5 November 15, 2019

Hi @Alexis Robert, does Confluence only support version 8 of AdoptOpenJDK? Also, I tried all versions from 8 to 13 and no one works with Confluence.

The strange thing is that the Confluence 7.0.3 can run on OpenJDK, which is not said to be supported by Confluence.

kuang5 November 15, 2019

Another basic question is that I want to conform with you that the way I did to switch from OracleJDK to AdoptOpenJDK by changing the value of JAVA_HOME (JRE_HOME is not set) is correct, right? Should I delete all other JAVA libraries in case they will affect Confluence choosing the right JAVA library?

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2019

Hi @kuang5 , 

Confluence 7.0.3 supports AdoptOpenJDK, so there's no problem here. Also, only AdoptOpenJDK 8 or 11 is supported by Confluence, no need to try other versions.

I would suggest that you remove the old Oracle JDK, just in case. 

For your issue, there's definitely something wrong with the version of Confluence you're using as the error clearly says "this is not the correct OS to run this". So, I would stick with a Confluence version where you don't have this error, 7.0.3 is fine for example.

kuang5 November 18, 2019

Hi @Alexis Robert , I think the issue is that my VM is x86-32bit system, but there is no corresponding AdoptOpenJDK version support it. I will create a X64 system to run the Confluence on AdoptOpenJDK. Thank you.

Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2019

Hi @kuang5 , 

yes you're right, that must be the issue. Let me know if switching to 64 bits fixes the issue for you !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events